Monday, June 1, 2009

Secret Petition

I'd love to be with you a little longer
I want to sit long enough to burn
Jesus - be the peace I seek
break the piece of me that is anxious
burn me up like carbon paper, then
take those vapors and reconstruct me
Just, stay with me
wrap me with your love and teach me, to live.

~Terri

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ever feel like the Lord is nowhere to be found? Ever feel as if your prayers are unheard sometimes; your tears unseen? Ever feel so desperate, so thirsty to hear from the Father, just a drink from Him would quench the dry places within you?

Don't stop pursing Him. God is faithful to His word. Psalm 37:3 says, "Trust (lean on, and be confident) in the Lord and do good; so shall you dwell in the land and feed surely on His faithfulness, and truly you shall be fed."

When you're in your room, alone, be still and rest. Commit your way and heart to the Lord, daily. Let those secret petitions of your heart bring glory to God - even when you don't 'feel' like it. His peace will cover you like a soft blanket.

May His presence wash over you like a waterfall. May your soul be refreshed and purified as you seek Him. May your heart dwell in the palm of His hand - always.

Nothing else matters.


No comments: