Sunday, May 24, 2009

Ode To You.

What a great weekend. You know, God has given me a plethora of brilliant, amazing, heart-warming friends. I find myself in awe sometimes when I stop to think about the individuals who've left an imprint on my heart. Here's one:
--------------------------------------------

We could not stop talking. As soon as her flight landed, she and I talked until after midnight the next day. I love moments like that; moments when you're so comfortable with a friend, that time passes you by, unaware... In this particular case, it means a lot to me because I met this friend less than a year ago, and I feel like I've known her my whole life. Amazing. It behooves me to believe that this is less than God, when you can meet someone and instantly feel commonality. And, more often than not, the breath of God that my friend carries is arresting and attractive. The way she wears Christ makes me question my position in my relationship with Jesus - what I know and why I know it. Her example challenges me to work out my own salvation with greater pursuit and anticipation of the Holy. Iron sharpening iron. Can you tell I'm inspired?

My prayer is that I can leave an emphatic seed of benevolence, inspiration and encouragement in her life. Even, to have the opportunity to deposit the God-given wisdom I carry within me. I've learned that God doesn't do anything by mistake. The people in your life are for a reason, a season or a lifetime, and it's important to recognize the time. This friend, however, is definitely for a lifetime.

To that friend, I say, thank you :)



No comments: