Sunday, July 19, 2009

just what you need, when you need it

Weekend Recap:

Okay, I'll admit it; this week has been pretty tough. I've found myself in tears more often than not because it seemed as if I've been taking one hit after another... all week and all day long. Nevertheless, God knew exactly what I needed, when I needed it...


He is jealous for me
Loves like a hurricane, I am a
tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his
wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these
aff
lictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.
And oh, how He loves us so,
Oh, how
He loves us,
How He loves us all
Yeah, He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves us...
-john mark mcmillan

Just when I thought that there was no hope for my day, I found out that John Mark McMillan was leading a night of worship for a conference near my house. And I've gotta tell ya; there's nothing like a refreshing night of worship to change your perspective on things. It was just what I needed - a chance to release the burdens, anxiety and concerns I carried. A chance to allow God to wash over me with His love. After worship, I drove to the beach and sat on the sand and watched a beautiful, quiet storm until around midnight. I mean, literally, the sky rippled with lightening without sound! Since I live near the beach, I've learned that one of the most beautiful things to see is lightening over the ocean while the sun is setting - AMAZINGLY GORGEOUS! Wow. Friday night turned my not-so-good-day into a good day after all.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And on the 6th day, I rested. Oh, thank the Lord for Saturday! I made SURE to sleep in just a tad bit longer this day because I definitely needed it! Not to mention, I didn't get home the day before until 3a.m.! When I awakened - I did some reading, took a stroll on the beach and then back home for some QT with some friends who stopped by. Ah, what a refreshing day!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oooooh Sunday, how I love thee! ;) The message at church was all about overcoming limitations and dealing with heart issues. Thought-provoking at the least. Have you ever listened to a speaker and tried to take notes at the same time, but realized that everything the speaker said is something you've wanted to write down but couldn't write fast enough? Well, today I had one of those moments. I just stopped writing and soaked in what I heard. I'll have to go back and listen to the podcast later... After church, I found myself back at the beach for about four hours, hanging with Jenny and then QT with some of my girls...and one guy - Kristin, Jenny and Jon! We got together and cooked dinner (lasagna, fruit salad and garlic bread - YUM-O!), played connect four and watched a movie! Good times!!!

our chef!
concentrating on victory...

best lasagna filling ever...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even in the little things, God is so awesome to pursue me with just what I need, when I need it. Whether it's a refreshing day at the beach, some QT with friends or a night of beautiful worship, He is faithful.

To you, the reader: I pray that this week you have an amazing week in the Lord. I pray that you experience new things, meet new people and flourish in abundance and favor!

1 comment:

kristinadair said...

hahahahahaha I had no idea my picture was up here! Glad to know I'm loved :)