Monday, September 28, 2009

Counting Blessings

I am so thankful for new seasons... For me, seasons are new beginnings, a change of pace, a chance to be refreshed, a chance to do something different, see something different, try again, be... again, start over, grow. In particular, I HEART the fall season. I anticipate the fall season like I anticipate my favorite holiday (Christmas) or my birthday. I love, love, love, love the fall. I heart pumpkins, pumpkin seeds, candy corn, sweet potato pie (my mom's, of course!) and hot apple cider. I heart fall retreats, going to the mountains, campfires and wearing long sleeves. I love inhaling a good crisp, fall breeze. I think VA is most beautiful in the fall; just take a look at these pictures - all from VA. Can't wait for the leaves to look like this!



This weekend, I had a chance to spend an entire day with Jenny! I am so blessed by her life. Most importantly, I am thankful, grateful to God for allowing our paths to cross and for the opportunity to model Christ, influence & pour into her life. I met Jenny almost two years ago when she joined a small group I was leading with three other beautiful women from our young adult ministry called, AWAKE. Jenny LOVES Jesus, is an English teacher, just recently engaged (yay!) and most of all; Jenny is a blessing. I like to tell her, "she keeps me on my p's and q's" all the time... Besides hanging out in our favorite coffee shops, discovering cool little stores, having amazing Jesus/life conversations at the beach or anywhere, I love walking through and discovering life with her. She's even in the final stages of beginning a Wyldlife middle school ministry in the area where she teaches! She works hard and is amazing -"Do all that's in your heart..."



Every year, VABeach has a Neptune Festival on the beach in celebration of the fall. This weekend, there was a 36 block parade, sand castle building contests, misc. contests, concerts, vendors, etc. So fun! During the festival, there was a national cake show/contest and my friend Beth submitted one of her cakes! So proud of her! She did very well and was graded (no trophies, just national recognition) very high! Beth loves to bake and she'll be the first to tell you that God was the one to develop the dream of a baking business. She's so talented and extremely creative! Oh, and her cakes are not only gorgeous, but they taste GOOD, too! It's been a blessing to watch God walk her through the doors she'd never thought she'd enter. Way to go, B!


*(become a fan of Beth's Sweet Experiments on Facebook)

No comments: