Friday, January 1, 2010

Lord, Send Me!

Dear Friends & Family: Happy New Year!

Most of you know that I am a graduate of Oral Roberts University. The first time I walked into the ORU chapel, I was amazed. The building was huge, beautiful, cathedral-esque and could have probably seated every faculty member and student, comfortably. On the back wall is this creed: "Raise up your students to hear My voice, to go where My light is dim, where My voice is heard small, and My healing power is not known, even to the uttermost bounds of the earth. Their work will exceed yours, and in this I am well pleased." These are the words Oral Roberts heard from God after God told him to start a university in 1963. Even now, 47 years later, God's word has come to fruition.

I have always had a heart for missions, and since attending ORU, that heart had been ignited into a full flame. I have wanted to go where God's light is dim, His voice is heard small and where His healing power is not known. I've been blessed to do that within the United States, but now, I feel God's call to the uttermost bounds of the earth.

I am excited that God has called me to be a part of my church's (New Life Providence) mission team to Guatemala! Guatemala is located in Central America, bordered by Mexico, the Pacific Ocean, Belize, Honduras and El Salvador. Guatemala is an impoverished country with many families in disarray. The children are the ones who suffer most - 10,000 of them living on the streets. Our team will be busy for the next weeks learning about Guatemala and preparing specific programs and materials for our ministry time there. Our team is scheduled to be in Guatemala February 27 - March 6th, 2010. We will be ministering in several orphanages through worship, children's ministry and youth activities, drama/arts, encouragement and hands on love.

Will you help me? I would like to invite you to be a part of our team. We need people who will pray for us as we prepare and while we are on the missions field. I also need people who can partner with me financially. My trip will cost $1500 for me to go to Guatemala. Would you pray about being a part of my support team? All financial contributions are tax-deductible. Checks should be made payable to New Life Ministries International, and the envelope (not the check) should be clearly designated with both the trip (Guatemala) and my name (Terri Simmons).

God bless you and thank you for your support! I plan to keep you updated with prayer requests, as well as the happenings and whereabouts of our team. I'm sooooo excited! Praise'm!!

Much Love,


=========================================================================
please tear here and enclose with donation

Make check payable to: New Life Ministries International or "NLMI"

Donation for: ________________ Trip Location: _________________________

Donor's name: _______________ Donor's email: ________________________

Donor's address: ____________________ Donor's phone #: ______________________

______________________

______________________

Mail donation to:
NLMI - Dept. of Missions
1244 Thompkins Lane
Virginia Beach, VA 23464

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am definitely gonna pray about how I can help. I want to go to Oral Roberts University myself. Did you like the campus? Happy New Year!! love you! stay blessed!

Raquel Sonia said...

yay! that is sooooooo exciting!!!!! I'm happy that the Guatemala team is expanding! yay Jesus!

Natalie Adams said...

As the alumni director of ORU, I'm always thrilled to see ORU graduates doing work for the kingdom! Keep in touch! Make sure we have your current contact information on alumni.oru.edu.