Wednesday, January 19, 2011

January: The Big Apple

For this new year, I've decided that there will be no limits for my dreams and goals. And for every month of this year, I am going to either do something I've NEVER done before or go somewhere I've never been. And, I plan to blog consistently about my experiences!

So...

This past weekend, I went to New York City for the first time with my sister and some of my dearest friends! I cannot begin to describe the feeling I had when I took my first subway ride or when I saw Times Square for the first time! However, this picture pretty much sums it up!


Words escape me in describing this city! I was in hyper overload! Lol. We tried to do EVERYTHING you could possibly do in two days in NYC. We stood in line at the TKTS booth to buy broadway tickets, saw Blue Man Group, we ate NY Pizza, hotdogs and roasted peanuts, we saw and walked through Central Park, shopped heavily on 5th Avenue (went to Tiffanys, Trump Tower, just to name a few), LOVED the "Fashion District," road subway after subway, saw the original MACY's bldg, took pics under 34th St., went to Rockafeller Center, saw an amazing Cathedral (forgot the name), shopped in China Town and Little Italy, saw the Empire State Bldg, everything that there is to see in Times Square, went to famous restaurants, almost got lost in Queens and stayed at a great hotel near Times Square! I'm pretty sure I've left out a whole bunch of stuff, and I can't post all 500 pictures I took, but here are a few pics to document my time there. So fun!

the architecture of this cathedral was breath-taking

central park

empire state building

fashion district

jumbo tron outside of forever 21. can you see me?

strange statue of liberty guy

me & my sister :)

ny pizza at rays! so good!

the girls

radio city music hall

rockafeller 

testing the food on the street :)

in trump towers

times square

traffic

After my return from New York, my friends surprised me with a birthday celebration at an art gallery then took me to dinner and a movie in the artsy district of Ghent. I was soooo very surprised (as I would often boast that it is hard to surprise me!) even to the point of tears. I love my friends and am so very grateful for them! This is at dinner: 


So, January has turned out to be a wonderful month of firsts! Looking forward to February!
XOXO

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I LOVE it...can't wait for February's post! :-) Happy Birthday!!!

Terri said...

Thanks Sarah!!!! :)