Wednesday, January 28, 2009

May Your...

May Your vision never leave me
May Your words sink and dwell

May You visit me with parables,

like the Woman at the Well

May Your glory flow within me
to the point where I can't tell - where it ends
May you never exhaust listening,
to my never ending prayers
May the stairs I tread keep going up
May my fellowship with You never be interrupted
May Your light burn my efforts to take my own breath

I wanna give You all I am until there's nothing left
I wanna be with you because without You, it hurts
I wanna memorize your word--not because I have to, but because it works
I want my bloodstream to mix with your living Being
I want fresh eyes to compliment what I am seeing
And if my vessel must be broken,
then I'll take the fragments and use them as tokens

And with the Holy Spirit I'll get dressed
I'll get equipped and built up to enter Your rest
May Your vision never leave me
May your words sink and dwell
May you visit me with parables,
like the Woman at the Well
.

2 comments:

created to create said...

so i love your writings ms. terri, i really love the line "i want fresh eyes to compliment what i am seeing" Im so amazed at what God is pouring into you...awesomeness!

Jon and Amanda plus 2 said...

He has touched you w/ the gift of words! I finally caught up on some of your posts. Each one encourages me. Keep writing!