Sunday, April 5, 2009

Dreams

2 Timothy 4:2 "Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage - with great patience and careful instruction."

I had a dream this morning that I was at a house party with a few friends; a Christian, someone just trying to be a light in a dark place. I spent most of the night walking through the crowd, praying under my breath and trying to make small talk about Jesus Christ with only the people I knew (in the dream, I rarely walked up to the people I didn't know - just the people I knew). After a few hours or so, I decided to leave, so I grabbed my coat and walked out of the front door. "Oops," I thought. "I forgot something." So, I turned around and walked back inside to where the party was. About 3 minutes later, a man came in with a gun. He pulled it out on me, pointed to my head, and I immediately became paralyzed. I put my hands up and BANG! I got shot. In the next phase of the dream, I'm laying on the ground with this burning sensation all over my body. My eyes were closed, and I could hear the commotion of those trying to scramble for safety as this man began shooting random people. I lay there on the ground and the only thing I kept saying was, "Jesus, save me. If You save my life, if You get me out of this alive, healthy and whole, I promise that I will be so sold out and on fire for You." Because for a split second, I questioned whether or not I was going to heaven, so I kept repeating that statement over and over and over again. And, right before I woke up from the dream, I heard His voice say, "Don't wait until a tragic situation happens before you decide to give your whole life to me. Don't be a closet Christian. Don't be afraid to pursue the lost. Don't wait. Do it now."

I woke up with tears in my eyes because I believe God used this dream to speak to this generation. The enemy comes to kill, steal and to destroy. I believe God used this dream to CHALLENGE and to make a point about complacency. Sometimes we can get so complacent in our walk with Christ that we overlook certain things. We don't rebuke with patience and careful instruction, and we don't ENCOURAGE. We don't make it a habit to stay in God's word in order to be strengthened and filled up. In our walks with Christ, it's time to get/be AGGRESSIVE about kingdom things and about HIS VISION; about going after the lost; going where they are and not being afraid to make Christ known.

I had another dream the other day that a girl was being attacked by a man possessed with an evil spirit. The man was coming straight at the girl with full force until I jumped in front of her. In the dream, I jumped in front of the girl, grabbed a Bible and started hitting the man as hard as I could with the Bible. With every blow I made with the Bible in my hand, I noticed that wounds were being inflicted on the possessed man. However, after a period of time, the wounds began to close, almost as if the man was self-healing, and then he lunged at the girl, again. I remember saying to myself, "God, why aren't my actions stopping this man from attacking us?" After I asked that question, I took that same Bible I used to hit the possessed man, and I began tearing pages out of it and then eating the pages. As the man lunged toward us, I ate page after page. With every page I ate, immediately large wounds were being inflicted on the man - wounds he could not recover from. With every page I ate, our attacker was pushed back by an unseen force and completely defeated. But, none of that happened until I consumed the Bible, literally.

WHAT ARE YOU EATING? Ever heard that statement: You are what you eat? It's true. What you consume day in and day out will slowly become apart of your character and even morals. When you find yourself in a tough situation, what you've consumed is what will come out of you in your response to that situation. What you taste regularly, WHAT YOU EAT CONTINUALLY - is who you are.

1 comment:

created to create said...

that was some good stuff, its funny cause some one gave a word on being prepared in season and out of season this morning during 2nd service...God is amazing...AMAZING!